Apr 2, 2009

Kristi's Dating Advice.

My room mate decided she had the best dating advice today. It's the 'no-surprises' method. Basically, she figures, she's not going to shave her legs. Because that way, when the time comes around that she actually needs to have her legs shaved, you know, for a banquet, or for the summer, or church (all those skirts in the summer) the boyfriend would actually appreciate it.

She decided that in order for him to not be surprised, but appreciated, she would be straight up disgusting when it comes to common hygiene (like shaving your legs...and I'm sure that armpits would fall under the category as well). I feel her method is good.

Except for one consideration.

First you have to catch the guy.

So, ladies. Here's what I offer.

I think, that in order to get the guy, be yourself. Shower every morning, shave your legs all the time. Get your hair done, and take care of yourself. This way, you'll catch one! However, once you've got him hooked with your dazzling wits, your beautiful face, and your amazing personality, let the hair grow. And ladies, I mean, let it grow. Don't shave it, don't pluck it, don't even wax it. And then, no surprises.

I feel like this could turn into a good episode of HIMYM!

3 comments:

Sherilyn -Dominee Huisvrouw said...

Well, the longer you go b/w shaving, the lighter the hair gets. I haven't shaved above my knees in about 10 years (probably stopped when I got married! lol) & it's the lightest of peach fuzz. I don't think people really notice, but then again, I don't really care if they do! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that, Brittany. Hopefully my someday-girlfriend won't read this…

maria. said...

I'll file that away for four and a half years hence. 1611 days, to be exact.