Oct 21, 2008

Rainshower

I'm getting sick. First cold of the fall season. And I was doing so well.

I haven't been sick since about June. June was when I bought my 'Advil: Cold and Sinus'. That's how I know. What sucks about being sick is this whole exhaustion thing. If I wasn't so tired, it wouldn't bother me so much. But I feel like I could just fall down and sleep and never wake up.

I'm basically paying for enjoying the nice cold rainshower last night. I love fall rain. I love summer rain too, but I love fall rain. Yesterday, the air smelled of rain all day. The whole campus was just waiting for it to come pouring down. At about 11pm, the skies opened up and it just came. The sound was beautiful. The soft pitter-patter was great background music to studying English notes (although, it would have been better suited if the English Notes pertained to Walt Whitman, or Ralph Emerson). The air had this misty humidity to it. It was beautiful.

The sad ending to this is plural.
1) This means that the evenings of porch-sitting have ended. An absolute tragedy! I love porch sitting. Curled up in a blanket with hot tea. It's peaceful.
2) The beginnings of cold and flu season. I hate being sick.

Word of Advice?

Don't go out in the rain at midnight.

1 comment:

The dB family said...

Well, I hope you're feeling better soon! I know that exhausted feeling all too well.