Jan 14, 2009

Worthy of Calvin?

Meet Graham.

Yes, he's a masterpeice isn't he? We were all quite proud of the 5 energetic (and equally crazy) people who took the time to create this snow giant. And when I say giant, I am not kidding. To give you an idea of just how big this thing is, I should have you know that my roommate could fit into the pylon serving as 'Graham's' hat.

A later addition to the giant included another banana for a nose (the store was out of normal sized carrots), which to everyone's amusement has started to accumulate a nice sized icicle on the very tip. Graham the snowman has a runny nose. (photos to follow in later post).

I wonder if this monster is Calvin worthy (my window is covered in the Calvin and Hobbes snowman comics..), but regardless, I'm fairly sure that the entirety of campus looks at 'Graham' daily and shakes their heads.

Personally, I think he's a nice touch. Although I have almost walked into him several times this week (he's blocking the ramp), I appreciate the protection he offers. I mean, who WOULDN'T be scared of an 8-9 foot tall snowman who has snow-shovels for arms?!

Perhaps he is not worthy to be included in the fantastic comic strip of Calvin and Hobbes, but he has potential. I like him..

No comments: