May 26, 2010

A little bit of my life

So, I promised pictures.

Remember when I said we had mice in the house? Remember when I mentioned the bit about chipmunks? Well, this little guy scared the crap out of my housemate this past week. She almost touched it, which is pretty gross.

His name is Alfred.





As you can see, the whole -caught in the mousetrap- thing worked well for it. Just in such an inconvenient spot. Jon, one of the guys who inhabited the dorm beneath ours all year, is on Security for the summer, and gladly got rid of Alfred. This involved a drastic hurling of both animal and trap into the backyard. To which he said, "See if that's still there tomorrow!"

The next few photos are of my room. I have a lot of clothing laying everywhere. Let's face it, I am moving out of Blue Castle in a week, and the necessity to clean up my floor isn't high on my priority list...especially since I spend all day cleaning.



And this was the day Kaitlin decided to climb out of her window and on to the roof of Blue Castle. It took a pretty sweet picture though!

And that is my life. It's been really hot working the last couple of days. Blue Castle is stiffling hot at night. We're working at 7am again this week. I don't mind it, surprisingly. My body is getting used to the early rise thing, and is less and less tired in the evening.

Kait and I biked to Chapters tonight. There were some lovely sales, and I finally invested in an iRewards card. I bought several wonderful books. I'll let you all know what I think of them when I finish reading them.

Wednesdays have also been instituted as Whopper Wednesdays. Pretty much the entire cleaning crew gets together for lunch and goes to the BK Lounge on Upper James. Today was really funny, because instead of asking the cashier questions about what to order, and how much things would cost, and what comes on the burgers, I got to answer all the questions. I loved it. Burger King is my namesake.

Off to bed now.

Word of the Day: whopper

Quote of the Day: Me: "I have a package on one side that's really heavy." Kait: "Uh, that's really awkward."

No comments: