Jul 14, 2009

Weekends, Weddings and Wii

I realize I haven't posted anything in a while. It's much too bad, I had grand plans for some great posts this weekend. My RA, Lorie, was my date for a wedding this weekend. We had quite the weekend.

Friday she came to my house around noon, after a very busy week of Vacation Bible School for me. We headed to London to find her some shoes for the wedding on Saturday. After 5 and a half shoe stores we managed to find very classy strappy sandals that went with the dress perfectly. We went out to East Side Mario's for dinner. The waiter there was very cute. Lorie and I had a great time talking with him. Following dinner we decided that a movie would be a good end to the day, and went over to SilverCity to watch Transformers. This was an excellent movie. Lots of explosions. I found it really entertaining when the 'Decepticon' came in and ripped the USA Flag from the top of some governmental building. Oh yes, it was excellent.

Saturday was the wedding. We got up, watched Ghostbusters, made ourselves look good, and then headed out to Stratford. The wedding was nice, simple, but very pretty. The guys from the dorm beside ours were all at the wedding as it was their RA that was getting 'hitched'. It was nice to see them all again. Between the ceremony and the reception we had about two and a half hours to kill and so we went to Wendy's for Frosty's and then to someone's house where they played 'Mario Kart' on Wii. Boys and their Nintendo...

Sunday came around and Lorie and I were off to Aylmer to visit a few friends and go to church. The day was nice and relaxing and seeing friends was really great.

No comments: