Jul 26, 2009

Jeremiah 29:11


This morning was really neat.

Epic, I know. But seriously, I have no other way to describe it. A sort of satisfied, warm feeling went through my soul as I sat in church listening to the scripture passage. Let me explain.

Two summers ago, I went to Calvin College on a summer program. The program was three weeks long, and was designed to help us 'determine God's calling' for our lives. More so, delivered from the mindset that we were being called into ministry (and you know, get some interest in attending Calvin). The program, designed for teens in the grade 11/12 age group, was hardcore. We listened to the professors of Calvin Seminary give lectures on everything from Infant Baptism vs Dedication to the 'End Times' and the mistaken notions of the Left Behind series. We were split off into groups, going to different parts of North America for 10 days, to learn about life in the ministry feild. One team went to Alberta (church plant focus), one to NYC (urban ministry focus) and one to Juarez, Mexico/El Paso Texas (mission feild focus). Of course, I was part of the group that went to Juarez.

Anyways, the theme for the three weeks came from Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord". A verse that has spoken to me ever since, reminding me that I am in God's constant care, and that my life can only be lived to his glory.

What was cool about this morning, was that one of the leaders from this program, is interning for the summer at one of the CRC churches. She read that passage this morning. July 26, two years previous, was the day I came back home, after one of the most amazing summers of my life. Two years later, one of my leaders is once again reminding me that God knows the plans he has for my life. Now that's a God thing.

MCC: 60

Word of the Day: Ironical

Quote of the Day: "We made a lot of friends, and by the end of the week we had a lot of people we needed to add to Facebook!" One of the teens recounting SERVE in church this morning.

No comments: