Dec 19, 2008

It Takes FOREVER!

I had a great time tonight. I spent the whole evening with my mom making cards. I know there are a lot of people into this, and I must admit, I enjoy it now, more than I ever did before.

It's been funny watching how my mom's level of skill in the card-making franchise of a hobby has increased. The first cards she ever made were..well...beginner. But now, she's just doing amazing thing with paper and stamps and ink and ribbon and brads and heat guns and markers and pencil crayons... you get the idea. So, her bout of creativeness has rubbed off a bit on me throughout the years as well. Today, I made the hardest, prettiest card ever. It took me so long. I honestly don't have the patience for all the work involved in the complex cards. I like the ones with the card stock, some funky paper, a bit of mounting, one stamp..and voila!
However, my time today was well spent. If you are interested in the paper and stamp set used...it's all Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

The dB family said...

Wow! That one is a lot of work! It's so pretty though!

I tend to go along the lines of get them done quick, so mine are typically pretty simple. Cardstock, stamp, and glue/tape.

Sherilyn -Dominee Huisvrouw said...

After all that work it seems a shame to give it away, doesn't it?