May 3, 2013

Craftin' Cards

In the last 10 years of my life my mom has gotten me hooked on a wide variety of handmade hobbies, one of which is card-making.

So, taking advantage of the natural sunlight on the main floor this morning (and my restful day off work), I set to work on restocking my handmade card supply. Here is some of what I worked on.










Some of these are projects I started a while ago and just never bothered to finish. Most of them were half constructed cards that I had placed in plastic baggies in order to keep all the intended parts together. Once upon a time, I had accumulated many stacks of paper, boxes of stamps and ribbon, and ink pads when the hobby was fresh in my being. That was probably 5-6 years ago. Being in school really put my hobbies on hold, since all my creative energies were being used on essays.

So this morning, it was time to catch up. It really looks like more work than it actually was. But the morning sunshine was streaming through the windows and I couldn't help but take the time to finish these.

The materials used are a combination of products purchased from Michaels, Stampin' Up, or 'borrowed' from my mom's stash back in the hometown. Most of the brads were purchased at Walmart of Dollarama back when I had the time and funds to pour into it.  But, as it turns out, I am NOT lacking on supplies to keep the hobby going. I am even considering bringing my stuff into my room and revising the layout of my bedroom in order to set up a crafting corner (in an effort to turn the dining room back into an actual dining room).

What sort of things have you been working on? What is the spring sunshine inspiring you to do?

No comments: