Nov 10, 2011

1000 Gratitudes

A blogging friend of mine has, for as long as we've been blog friends (and that's quite a while, since I'm working on my fourth year of blogging), keeping a list of 1000 gratitudes. I think that it derived from a book, and it's a great idea. Write down 1000 things, over the course of a long while, that you are thankful for.

Another friend of mine posted a quick thought to her Facebook account. It read, "What if you were left with tomorrow the things you thanked God for today?" I guess I wouldn't be left with much.

Here it goes, I suppose.

1. Toilet paper (it seems weird, but really, I am very, very thankful for toilet paper).
2. Cool fall days.
3. My beautiful roommate, Amanda.
4. Laughing at jokes with friends.
5. The Crown and its staff.
6. Being able to read books, and own them, and enjoy them. It's such a wonderful blessing to experience share in the conversation of literature.
7. On the topic of books, curling up in my old, delapitated gold chair reading Charles Dickens or Douglas Adams.
8. The smell of coffee.
9. Waking up and finding sunlight streaming through the windows.
10. Driving lessons and beer conversations with Nick.
11. Starbucks and Chapters
12. The aroma of simmering bacon to start my day.
13. Strangely, I'm thankful for Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Vlogs, Youtube and all this other nonsensical social media we have today.

Now, a few photos to add. Most of them apply to the 77 Things list.

30 Items of Clothing to Donate.

Quilt!



Word of the Day: Gratitude

Quote of the Day: "If you have an accent, by definition, you're supposed to be interesting!"

2 comments:

joyce said...

Wow!...you've come so far on your quilt top! Beautiful job! So proud of you!

The dB family said...

Love the quilt!! I agree. Toilet paper is one thing to be very thankful for.

Blessings!
Deborah