Dec 8, 2010

Snowmagedon

If you know anything about South-Western Ontario, you know that in the winter it gets snow like no where else in Canada.

If you have been an avid reader of my blog since the beginning, you know that Hamilton/Ancaster hasn't seen a good snow in about a two years. I refer to my neck of the universe as 'the tropics', which really isn't true, because it gets awfully cold, it just doesn't snow.

Well, recently London, ON, has experienced a phenomenon that my friend Megan Cowan has affectionately dubbed as Snowmagedon.

This is what London ON looks like (I may or may not have, with the first being the more likely of the two, stolen this from my best friend, Kelsey Kalverda):


Ancaster looks like this:


As you can see, we are quite lacking on the snow. In fact, for us students, knowing that the University of Western Ontario and Fanshawe College have been shut down for a few days, are actually hoping the opposite. We don't want a Snowmagedon here. We want to write our exams and go home for Christmas. 

Word of the Day: aforementioned (Amanda used it in an essay)

Quote of the Day: "Bloody...DIARRHEA! What? I didn't want to insult the British!" Ben Lootens

No comments: