Nov 9, 2008

First Snow of the Season

"Let it snow, let it snow!"

Tonight was the first snow of the season. There wasn't enough to cover the ground, but for a few moments it was white. Softly, falling, dancing. "Me and snow, we go way back." (Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls)

It's become a tradition of sorts for me to go out into the first snow and just stand, if only for a few seconds. It is my favourite time of the year. It is so quiet. The night the snow first falls, the world is at peace and the air smells crisp. I love it when snow falls on my face. I love feeling it fall and linger onto my eyelashes until it melts and I need to blink 'else the water will trickle into my eye.

I love scarves and mittens (not gloves) and boots and coats. I love hot chocolate and cold winter nights and coming back inside after near frost-bite. I love the tingle in my fingers as the blood in my body warms up. I just love snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuS5IrQPqFg&feature=related

I feel much the same as Lorelai on the matter. 'The world changes colour,' to quote her exactly. 'I'll take [snow] in any form.'

The first snow is exhilarating. It is wonderful. It is miraculous. Oh, how I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt like Lorelai took over your blog & wrote this post for you! *sigh* I miss Gilmore Girls!

Unknown said...

i love gilmore girls. i was looking for the lorelai and rori clip in the first season, but i couldn't find it. isn't snow wonderful? :)

The dB family said...

I loved Gilmore girls too. I missed the last season though, so I have no idea what happen in the end. Oh well... there's always the DVDs.

Oh yeah! I love snow too! Up until Jan 2. Then I've had 'nough:o)!