Jul 15, 2012

The Middle of July

Summers at MBC seem to mean that my blog gets neglected and I forget to update the world on my wanderings. I suppose it is about time that I do that again. There is a ton to outline, so this might take a while.

First off, I graduated. I might have mentioned this before, but this is a pretty big deal. Now that my time at Redeemer is finished, I'm looking forward to doing what God has set out for me next. Currently, that appears to be working (again) at Muskoka Bible Centre, ministering to the youth who are part of the SteppingStones discipleship program here. Just like last year, the summer has been full of challenges, but good ones...I've felt myself grow and mature in ways Redeemer didn't always allow. The people I am surrounding myself with have made me a better person through their testaments to the love of Christ. And that, dear readers, is blessedly encouraging.

In the fall, I plan on moving to Kitchener-Waterloo with several of the girls I am working with here at MBC. Two of my housemates will be attending school, and another one and myself will be working (Lord willing), to pay back debts. We have been offered a lease at a cute little home about a 2 minute walk from downtown Kitchener - century home, completely renovated, original hardwood around frames, and very cheap - and thus will be heading to the city when I have finished my time here at MBC. It's a scary and exciting thought - knowing I will truly be on my own this year. There is no fall back or OSAP supporting me this year. There is no university life to prompt my days along. I have to be an adult now. It's exciting. It's scary. And by golly, paying back my debts is going to take a while.

I think that there are going to be big changes coming into my life now. Gone are going to be the days when I have to operate on a University Life schedule. Now, I will be able to get a job, hopefully one that works relatively normal hours, and develop a sleeping schedule that's a little more consistent. None of this 2am-3am business, and waking up at 9 or 10 or 11am because I don't have class. I'll get to eat healthier, and develop a consistent routine. I can cook meals that aren't ingredient restricted by Redeemer's grocery store...or deep fried like MBC's staff meals.

More than anything though, I cannot wait to find a church I can attend on a regular basis, one in which I can volunteer in, and become a part of. While I loved Redeemer, my schedule didn't permit me to actively be involved in any one church as a member of its family. Redeemer was the community I desired to give back into, and God blessed me and kept me through that, but now, it is time for me to reintegrate myself into a church, that I can be apart of the Church.

And honestly, I want to grow herbs in pots on the window sill. I want to finish my quilt. I want to grow sunflowers in the backyard of our house. I've been transplanted so many places in the last 4 years, and while I love my family, my parents' house isn't really my home anymore. I want to put my roots in soil somewhere and stay there.

Now for some photos.

Butterflies inhabited MBC's grounds in June when the flowers were brought in.

God's Creation in the form of cool green bugs.

Reinstituting fishing with Melissa.

Summer nights.

Chapel services at Camp Widjiitiwin.

Nathan Symons has the best Onsie.

Word of the Day: Peace

Quote of the Day: "God would love into being wholy superfluous beings.." C.S. Lewis

No comments: