Feb 2, 2011

Ministry?

If you are a reader who knows me personally, you know that I have been planning a service trip to Juarez, Mexico. Well, in 17 days, myself and 22 other Redeemer students will be flying down to El Paso, Texas for a week of learning, serving, and trusting. The planning process has been incredible. I have seen God's hand move in ways I never could have imagined.

The idea popped into my head after a devotion with my dorm last January or February. I ignored it for a while, but it kept coming back. So finally, I prayed, long and hard, trying to make out what God wanted. It was pretty clear. Mexico.

It seems to be a place that keeps popping up in my life. In fact, some of my most profound moments with God have happened in the desert city of Juarez.

I am excited to see what this trip will bring. I am encouraged by the incredible group of students going down. They remind me daily that my trust is in the Lord; creator of heaven and earth, and that He loves me, and will protect me.

So, readers, I ask for your prayers. As the final few weeks before the trip, I ask that you pray that everything continues to fall into place. And I ask that you pray for us as we go down. For safety, for protection from the devil, and most of all, that we may love all people. For I continue to realize, day after day, that I am called to love and serve.

Here I am, Lord. Send me.

Word of the Day: faith

Quote of the Day: "If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world." C. S. Lewis

No comments: